September 8, 2013

You Just Don’t Get It Do You?

I am still shaking my head over this one. The lady I told you about in my first post. The one that came to our houses to have us get something from the post office when we were off the clock. Came in Saturday September 7, 2013 and said “Thank you for doing me that favor. The other post lady is still mad at me for coming there. I mean she is the post lady she should have helped me.”

I now have two new holes in my tongue because I kept my rude remark in check. So this means to me that this lady thinks our job is 24/7 and that it is okay to come get us whenever she wants? There is a reason there are posted hours on the door. We punch in at a certain time and punch out at the end of our time. The last I checked we weren’t part of some 24-hour government entity like the Military or any of those types of offices where we could be yanked out of bed at o dark thirty to do some menial thing for a freaking civilian.

Before you say well you are paid by the taxpayers, no we aren’t the post office was separated from the government in the 80’s or sometime. Congress still makes many of the rules but those working for the post office are paid by companies that mail out junk mail, known as job mail, and the sale of stamps.

Either way we aren’t on the clock 24/7 and this lady isn’t going to like me the next time she comes around on my time off as I have other work I need to do. Guess I need to show up at her house or find her phone number and call demanding that she make and deliver me a meal at midnight, She does Meals on Wheels, see how she likes it.

Really, people common sense is dead but let us stop beating it to such a mushy mash.

No comments:

Post a Comment